Twitter is always alive with brilliant conversation if you know where to look. If you're in the Kitchen & Bath Industry, it sometimes can be hard to find those great conversations on Twitter. Thankfully, instead of sorting through billions of tweets, Twitter users in the K&B space come together each week for lively, like minded conversations in the form of a Twitter chat. You can see all the details on KBTribe chat here.
I was fortunate enough to be asked to host this week. My topic was "Leveraging Technology"
I feel that the kitchen & bath industry is really lagging behind in technology. In fact, I did an hour and a half talk about this to a buying group in Atlanta just last week. While this industry is lagging behind, designers are really interested in technology and want to use it! Here are the five questions that we discussed during the chat:
- What's your favorite "app" that you use for work on your smartphone or tablet?
- If you could have any type of app invented for your smartphone or tablet, what would it be?
- Do think your manufacturers are doing well in providing you with the tech you need? (Apps, good websites, spec books, etc)
- Do you store anything on the "cloud"? If so, what and how?
- What software are you using to create drawings? Do you like it?
There were some really interesting responses to these questions, and I learned some things that I didn't know before.
One of the biggest opportunities for vendors and manufacturers is digitizing their data. People don't want paper spec books anymore, they want instant access to data on all devices. There was certainly a lively discussion about that.
Again I would like thank the folks over at KBTribe chat for generously offering me the hosting gig for a day!